Learn about road transport and road freight with this Allyn International road transport in this less-than-truckload and truckload focused training.
Following this course, the student should be:
- familiar with the standard road freight transport.
- able to determine if a cargo or load is of legal size or is oversized.
- able to select the best standard ground mode.
- able to price, book, and coordinate a standard ground transport.
- able to exchange in a credible manner with customers, freight forwarders, and other parties in relation to standard ground transport.
- understand some of the main legal and documentary requirements.
US standard ground transport training content:
In this online logistics training, we will look at some essential information related to road freight and road transport in North America with a strong focus on the United States.
We will start by introducing inland, road transport in general as well as presenting the main involved parties and logistics providers.
We will then discuss the difference between legal and oversized cargo and help you understand how to determine in which category your cargo or load falls.
We will then look at a standard booking process for ground transport and review some of the most commonly used transport equipment.
With this important information in hand, we will review in more details the 2 main modes of standard ground transport:
– Truckload (TL) – which relates to a mode where the shipper or principal will hire a whole transport unit (van, truck, trailer, etc.), which will carry exclusively his cargo from one or more pick-up points to one or more drop-offs points.
– Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) – which refers to a method of shipment, where the shipped items will not take up the entire available space on the truck and where the shipper or principal pays only for the part of the trailer space he uses.
We will then close out this road transport logistics training by looking at some related documentation, legislation, and restrictions.
A final exam will help validate the information acquired in this standard road freight transport module.
The total run time of this logistics training is approximately 115 minutes.
User experience duration is expected to be around 3 hours but may vary due to interactive parts and reflection time.
A final exam is available and will help validate the acquired knowledge in this Incoterm training.
A completion certificate is available upon successful completion.
This training is focused on standard ground transport and should be considered mainly as a logistics buyer, logistics coordinator Truckload training, and Less-Than-Truckload LTL training.
Further general information about our eLearnings can be found here and some of our used material can be viewed on our logistics blog logisticselearning.com.
Marc (verified owner) –
Anonymous (verified owner) –