A brief Allyn International eLearning training presenting the changes and updates which took place between the 2010 and 2020 editions of the Incoterms® rules.
This Incoterms® training covers only the changes and is planned for users who are already familiar with Incoterms®. Our full Incoterms® training module can be found here.
We will start by looking at the new 2020 Incoterms® list compared to the 2010 then before listing the 7 changes we want to highlight and reviewing them individually.
The 7 changes we will cover are:
- The changes to the FCA rules in relation to bills of lading notations.
- Where the costs are listed in the new edition.
- The change in level of insurance requirements for CIF and CIP.
- The inclusion of the usage of own means of transport in the rules.
- The DAT to DPU Incoterms® change.
- The additional security items included in the rules.
- The changes in the approach and format of the explanatory notes.
Incoterms® and the Incoterms® 2020 logo are trademarks of ICC. Use of these trademarks does not imply association with, approval of or sponsorship by ICC unless specifically stated above. The Incoterms® Rules are protected by copyright owned by ICC. Further information on the Incoterm® Rules may be obtained from the ICC website iccwbo.org.